I have been on a bit of a Tate Top binge recently. The Tate Top is a free pattern from the wonderful Workroom social; you can get it here.
Ok, so the beginning of this Tate Top madness was this top. I made it out of some cotton that had been sitting in my stash for a little while.
I cut out a size 10 in the longer tunic length.
I decided to omit the back zip. I left the top open and added a button and hoop.
I have lined all of my Tate Top variations with stretch mesh; I read about lining things with stretch mesh on a blog a few years ago, but I can not remember who's it was. If you know, please tell me so that I can credit them and gush with thanks because it is a great tip - you do not have to worry about darts etc.
I ended up taking 1 1/2 inches off the shoulder seam to make the armpits higher. I'm not a big fan of the visible bra, still not quite right, but 'better than it was.
The shorts are Simplicity 1430. I made them with some upholstery fabric that I picked up in an op-shop. They are a little tight, I think I might need to go up a size for the next pair. Not to happy with the pulling on the zip.
Ok, on to the bit I am most excited about!
I used the Tate Top pattern in the crop length. To make the skirt I cut a rectangle 1 1/2 times the width of the bottom of the top, I cut the top of the skirt to mirror the curved hem of the top.
I gathered the skirt to fit the top using three rows of long stitches.
The fabric is a cotton from my stash that I picked up in an op-shop a few months ago.
I love this dress. I was so happy with how this test run turned out that I jumped straight in to the final (for now) version.
I got this fabric in the Spotlight clearance a few weeks ago.
This dress was inspired by all the wonderful dresses by Gorman. I have had my eyes open for a suitably cheeky fabric to make my own and this sea gull fabric nailed it.
Thanks for reading.