Saturday 17 January 2015

A vintage triumph - Style 1116

Hello, hello.

I hope that your Christmases and New Year's were a delight.

We headed to NZ for Christmas with the family. It was so nice to be back in NZ seeing the family and walking along the beautiful beaches, plus I got a bunch of awesome fabrics.

We were back in Aus for New Year's, lots of friends and a fair amount of wine, throw in a piano accordion and a handful of Scots and you have yourself a top night out!

It hasn't all been holidays and parties though I have had a couple of sewing wins which I will blog as soon as I take some photos.

Today I want to show you a wee vintage dress that I made up a few months ago. The pattern Style 1116 was printed in 1975 and features some fun tucks from the shoulders.


I made my version up in some upholstery weight cotton, with a herring bone stripe.


It is a bit of a wearable muslin; the fabric is nice but it was on sale so I thought I would throw it at this pattern and hope for the best.

I love the tucks and the pockets and over all I am pretty happy with the finished dress.


Next time I will use a lighter weight fabric as this is a little heavy along the top.

I had to add a panel around the bottom. I really wanted the stripes to run from top to bottom but couldn't quite get it to fit on the fabric.


I think I will make it again soon as it is a nice, loose, easy wearing dress for the summer. Check out this action shot, totally summer-tastic!


Thanks for reading. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment