Sunday 12 October 2014

Scrumptious Scallops

Hello Hello Hello.

I made this super simple scallop skirt on Saturday (I love alliteration). It was so easy and I love the outcome.


I can dress it up with a nice top and some heels


Or go casual with my spotty denim shirt and some flats.


I  made it out of some green scuba knit that I picked up in the Spotlight sale a few weeks ago.


I cut around and existing pencil skirt to get the shape and used a big mug to make the scollops.



I haven't hemmed the skirt because scuba knit doesn't fray (I hope, don't look to carefully at the photo above), but I did a line of stitching for a bit of detail.


For the waist, I folded over three inches, stitched the edge, threaded some wide elastic through and Bobs your uncle, a super fun skirt.


I want one in every colour, I think blue next.

No comments:

Post a Comment