Friday 10 October 2014

A beachey dress just in time for the summer - McCalls 6696 shirt dress

I have a bit of an obsession with shirt dresses at the moment. I have made six (I am a little shocked by that number but I have just counted them, eek) in the last couple of months with varying degrees of success, some you will get to see and some I will have to burn.

My obsession began when I fell into a denim shirt dress rabbit hole on Pintrerest.

Next, I turned to the blogs. I love the the Alder Shirt dress from GrainlineGinger at Ginger Makes made two beautiful versions, I love the bold print. C from Oh she dabbles made an awesome nautical version, but I can't be doing with all the printing and sellotaping.

So when I found Clare from Sew Dixie Lou's and Naomi from Bon Courage's fabulous versions of McCalls 6696 shirt dress pattern, I headed straight to Spotlight.

Summer-tastic

I decided to start of with a fun beach print rayon I picked up from an op-shop for an absolute steal - I think it was $2.

So many markings - took me an hour to transfer them all.

I cut out a size 10 - I can never work out what size I am supposed to be so I normally cut out a 10 and make it up from there. I had to add a few inches to the waist band.

The finished dress

I love how it came out and I will definitely be sewing this pattern again soon.

The back (and the backyard)

What are you sewing for summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment